Each directory can be configured according to your needs. The basic configuration principles are the same for all types of directories:
- add and set up attributes – those are the parameters of an entry, like name, type, etc.
- place attributes within the entry: change their order and distribute them between tabs (also configurable)
Navigate to Settings → Templates and select a directory you are setting up.
- add a new tab
- order tabs by drag-and-drop
- delete a tab
You will not be able to delete a tab if it contains attributes. Delete the relevant attribute or change their placing in advance.
- add a new attribute:
- specify the name
- select a type of attribute
- define a tab
You can change the existing attribute name and tab – just click on them!
- order attributes by drag-and-drop
- delete an attribute
Types of attributes
An attribute in CRM entry is almost the same as a field in a Jira issue. The combination of attributes applies to each entry within one directory. Attributes may look different and have specific input types. Add them in different combinations to structure the templates according to your business needs.
This attribute allows users to provide information as free-form text (single line).
This is an attribute to provide date information using a calendar selection to complete the field.
This attribute allows users to provide numerical information.
This is an attribute to store email-address (mailto: format). It will allow opening a default mail client by clicking to send a mail to the specified address.
This is an attribute to specify the clickable link to a website. It consists of two fields in the edit mode:
This is an attribute to specify the presence or absence of a particular parameter or compliance with a particular requirement that works as a True/False or a Yes/No mechanism.
An attribute that allows linking the current entry with the particular objects of a Custom Directory.
There are different working principles according to the type of directory:
1. List. Selecting a list-type directory as a reference you will get a select-list attribute in an entry.
2. Table List. Selecting a table-type directory as a reference you will get a table within an entry, where a user can add new values. The related directory itself will accumulate the values from all entries.
This attribute allows linking a Jira user (the link does not affect anything). It provides the list of Jira users to select.
An attribute that provides the list of CRM companies to select from (multi-selection).
A read-only attribute that should be added to the Company card. It is only available in the Companies directory configuration and displays all contacts linked to the company.
An attribute that displays the list of issues linked with the current entry. This attribute is clickable and directs a user to the list of linked issues in the Issue Navigator.