Custom Directories Configuration
CRM custom Directories can be configured according to your needs.
The basic configuration principles are the same for all type of directories:
- the list of attributes and their order
- configuration of the particular attribute (if applicable)
There is some specificity related to custom directories management. Let's look closer.
Custom Directory creation
To create a custom Directory go to the Layouts settings → Directories tab → click on "Create directory" button. You'll see a Directory Creation Form where a structure for the directory should be specified. Fill Name, Field Title and choose a Field Type.
Adding a Custom Directory to a Company/ Contact card
When custom Directories are created you can add them to a Company or a Contact card following the steps:
- Go to the Companies/ Contact directory Layouts settings.
- Create a field with a Directory field type.
- In the appeared Directory field choose the one you'd like to add → Tab field will be named and created automatically.
- Click "Add".
How to use custom directories on a Company/ Contact card
Please note, working with a custom Directory assumes that you need to create its options in Directories page first and then choose them from the available ones on a Company/Contact card.
When Directory attribute is added to a Company/ Contact card, you can choose its options right in the card view:
Table custom directory type can not be shown on the Companies/ Contact grid so far, but can be viewed and edited right from the web-section in the issue view.